MOT TESTING STATION Car MOT Testing
MOT tests can be carried out on your car up to one month prior to the expiry date of an existing UK MOT certificate provided that a current MOT certificate is presented to the examiner at the time of the test.
On passing the MOT test, the vehicle will receive a certificate valid from the date of expiry of your existing MOT certificate.
All UK cars 3 years old and over require a valid MOT certificate by law. The contents and standards required are set by the Vehicle Inspectorate.
What is involved The annual testing of your vehicle to ensure it meets minimum road safety standards. You may view the MOT test if you wish. It will be carried out by a Vehicle Inspectorate approved tester. An assistant is essential for proper conduct of the MOT test. You must not interrupt or distract the tester during the inspection. Due to MOT procedures, items may appear under more than one heading.
- Steering Wheel and Column
- Windscreen Wipers and Washers
- Shock Absorber Effectiveness
- Foot and Handbrake System
- Suspension and Shock Absorbers
- Wheel Bearings and Driveshafts
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) Emission
- Hydrocarbon (HC) Emission